Manufacturers Standardization Society
Officially founded in 1924, the Manufacturers Standardization Society (MSS) of the Valve and Fittings Industry, Inc. is a not-for-profit ANSI-accredited technical association organized for the development, improvement, and maintenance of industry and national standards for:
The primary function of MSS is to provide its members the means to develop engineering standard practices for the use and benefit of the industry and users of its products. The Society, the only organization dedicated solely to the technical needs of the valve and fitting industry, is currently comprised of 25 technical committees to develop, revise, and reaffirm industry standards and recognized American National Standards. Many of our Standard Practices are also recognized and utilized in other jurisdictions and internationally.
In its leadership role, the Society and its members also contribute to and monitor code and standard development activities worldwide. MSS, in cooperation with other standardizing bodies, appoints representatives to other standardization organization committees to share the views and objectives of the Society and its collective membership.
Standards organizations in which MSS and/or its members currently participates include, but are not limited to, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), American Society for Testing and Materials ASTM), American Petroleum Institute (API), American Waterworks Association (AWWA), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
At the international level, MSS representatives have served as leaders, and within U.S. delegations, to many of the meetings of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) working groups, subcommittees, and main committees addressing applicable areas of interest, commonality, and coordination.
MSS offers unique advantages and opportunities for its Member Companies and their representatives. Join MSS and get involved in the process that will benefit your industry, organization and bottom line.
As an MSS Member Company, you will:
• Gain immediate access to ALL MSS Standards and timely, firsthand information that directly affect your business.
• Influence the technical development of industry and national standards by working together with other MSS member companies/leaders in the industry in 25 specific MSS technical committees.
• Support the Society that contributes to and monitors code and standard development activities worldwide, to assure that your interests are represented.
• Network, connect and collaborate with Valve and Fittings Professionals in the industry through technical committee work and in attending the MSS Annual Meeting.
• Receive CEU/PDH Credit for “PE” and Other Professional Certifications by attending committee meetings and the Annual Meeting.
• Enhance your company's profit potential by heightening your awareness of products, standards, technological developments and trends in the industry.
• Expand your profile on the World Wide Web with a link to your company web site on the MSS list of member companies organized by product line.
• Receive FREE complete company access to ALL MSS Standards!
• Receive a 50% member discount on ALL Standards purchases!
To obtain a membership kit with application contact MSS via our E-Online form, or you may send via to the below mail, e-mail, phone or fax information provided.