Manufacturers Standardization Society
Officially founded in 1924, the Manufacturers Standardization Society (MSS) of the Valve and Fittings Industry is a non-profit Ansi-accredited technical association organized for development and improvement of industry, national and international codes and standards for:
The primary function of MSS is to provide its members the means to develop engineering standard practices for the use and benefit of the industry and users of its products. The Society, the only organization dedicated solely to the technical needs of the industry, is currently comprised of 24 technical committees to write, revise and reaffirm industry standards.
In its leadership role, the Society also contributes to and monitors code and standard development activities worldwide. MSS, in cooperation with other standardizing bodies, appoints representatives to other standardization organization committees to share the views and objectives of the Society.
Standards organizations in which MSS currently participates include, but are not limited to, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), American Society for Testing and Materials ASTM), American Petroleum Institute (API), American Waterworks Association (AWWA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
At the international level, MSS representatives have served as leaders in U.S. delegations in many of the meetings of ISO working groups, subcommittees, and main committees addressing applicable areas of interest.
MSS offers unique advantages and opportunities for its members. Join MSS and get involved in the process that will benefit your industry, organization and bottom line.
As an MSS Member, you will:
• Gain immediate access to timely, firsthand information on standards and codes that directly affect your business.
• Influence the development of appropriate and practical standards by working together with other MSS member companies/leaders in the industry.
• Support the Society that contributes to and monitors code and standard development activities worldwide, to assure that your interests are represented.
• Network with leaders in the industry from other manufacturing companies, professional societies, trade associations, government agencies and standards developers.
• Enhance your company's profit potential by heightening your awareness of products, standards, technological developments and trends in the industry.
• Expand your profile on the World Wide Web with a link to your company web site on the MSS list of member companies organized by product line.
• Receive a FREE complete set of MSS Standards!
• Receive a 50% member discount on ALL Standards purchases!
To obtain a membership kit with application contact MSS via our E-Online form, or you may send via to the below mail, e-mail, phone or fax information provided.